Cooked this very delicious Veg Biryani yesterday. It was my first attempt and had never thought the outcome will be this beautiful.
FYI: The recipe (taken from the Net and modified 🙂 )
1. Wash rice well before cooking.Then take rice with 3-3/4 cup water and a little salt added ( You can add some dry fruits here, like cashew and all) .Cook it in pressure cooker(wait for one whistle and then switch off the gas).
2. Cut all the vegetables into small thin pieces and fry each one of it separately in oil. Also fry the green peas.
3. Then fry mustard seeds, green chilli, cinnamon and caraway seeds powder, cloves, black pepper powder for about half minute and then add onions. Fry till the color of onion changes to pink.
4. Add salt and red chilli powder and stir it properly.
5. Add fine chopped tomatoes and fry till they are properly cooked.
6. Next add yogurt (fine) and stir well.Heat it for about 10 seconds. (I missed this part 🙂 )
7. Add all the fried vegetables.
8. Lastly add the cooked rice and mix well with very light hands so that the rice grain doesn’t break. Cook for about 3 minutes.